Software Downloads from COBOLworx
GnuCOBOL-3.1 and COBOLworx’s GnuCOBOL CBLGDB-4.6 Debugging Extensions
We have installation packages of GnuCOBOL and CBL-GDB for:
- Red Hat Package Manager (including CentOS, Fedora and derivatives)
- Debian Package Manager (Debian, Ubuntu, and derivatives, including the Raspberry Pi)
- Homebrew Package Manager (primarily for Mac OS)
- COBOLworx Debugging Extension to Visual Studio Code / VS Codium
- GnuCOBOL Source Code can be downloaded from The Project’s Site.
- The COBOLworx CBL-GDB sources can be found at gitlab.cobolworx.com
As of 2020-11-18 the GnuCOBOL project is in the final stages of producing an “official” GnuCOBOL-3.1 release. The CBL-GDB debugging extension packages available here depend on features that were included in the GnuCOBOL-3.1 development versions starting on 2020-11-11. The GnuCOBOL-3.1-dev tarball that was used for creating all of the packages listed above can be downloaded from here.
COBOLworx will support production use of this GnuCOBOL version assuming users will subject their code to extensive testing of their applications prior to deployment.
The debugging extensions are in Beta testing. Their capabilities will probably be extended before formal release. And they may not operate exactly as expected. We are releasing it as Beta so more extensive testing will be done in different environments.